Nearly 200 volunteers are needed to make each AADA competition a success.
To volunteer, you must have graduated from high school May 2013 or earlier, and not be a direct relative of any current competitors.
Numerous volunteer opportunities are available:
- Interview Judges: A panel of three judges conducts a seven-minute professional interview with each student. Judges score students against a defined rubric.
- Speech Judges: Each student delivers a four-minute Prepared Speech and a two-minute Impromptu Speech to a panel of three judges. Judges score students against a defined rubric.
- Test Proctors: Test proctors preside over a classroom of students taking a series of standardized tests.
- Super Quiz Proctors: Proctors administer this exciting quiz-show-style event, which is open to the public.
- Timers/Runners: Speech and Interview timers keep time in the room for the judges. Runners are needed to take score sheets to the scoring room. Can be a recent high school grad for this position.
- Essay Grader: This will be done online starting March 3 and finishing March 11. You will be contacted with details.