Nearly 200 volunteers are needed to make each AADA competition a success. Numerous volunteer opportunities are available:
- Essay Judges: This will be done online in early March. You will be contacted with details.
- Interview Judges: A panel of three judges conducts a seven-minute professional interview with each student. Judges score students against a defined rubric.
- Speech Judges: Each student delivers a four-minute Prepared Speech and a two-minute Impromptu Speech to a panel of three judges. Judges score students against a defined rubric.
- Timers: Speech and Interview timers keep time in the room for the judges. Can be a recent high school grad or current student for these positions.
- Test Proctors: Test proctors preside over a classroom of students taking a series of objective tests.
- Runners: Runners are needed to take answer sheets to the scoring room. Can be a recent high school grad or current student for these positions.
- Super Quiz Proctors: Proctors administer this exciting quiz-show-style event, which is open to the public.
- NOTE: To volunteer for most roles, you must have graduated from high school at least two years ago.